Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

water-colored florals

I finally got around to playing in Unity's monthly color challenge!


These are the beautiful colors:
 
Aren't they gorgeous?!

I used my favorite stamp set called Insightful Meadows. To get this watercolor-y look I rubbed some Distress inks onto my craft mat, spritzed with water, then used a brush to paint the ink onto the stamp. I stamped onto watercolor paper to help absorb the wet ink better. Then I rubbed another ink to create the aqua edge on the panel.
A nice easy way to pretend I painted something! Ha!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day.

14 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow I love this!!

Linda said...

this is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, this was the first set I bought and is still one of my favourites. xxx

JPScraps said...

Beautiful! I love the watercolor effect.

Gaylynn said...

Oh, this is beautiful with the perfect coloring. So peaceful. :)

Rachel said...

stunning stunning stunning! i just love the effect
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

KristyLee said...

Oh my goodness, just awesome, so stunning, love the watercolor effect, and your seam binding and your lace look perfect on there. Great card! I found you on Unity's Friends with Flair.
Peace,
KristyLee

Dawn Fields said...

Amber, this is a lovely card!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh this is so lovely! I see you are from the Pacific NW, I am too. I live in the burbs of Portland. Small world. :)

Karen (karey2005) said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Keren Baker said...

So delicate and pretty. X

Dr. Ivy said...

Very pretty use of the color combination. Love the flower image.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You are spot on for that color challenge! It's gorgeous!

Shona said...

Totally GORGEOUS!!!