Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

hi

This week's inspiration photo from OTWC:
So at first I was so excited about these! I love working with black and couldn't wait to do it. But then it became hard to incorporate the other two colors. Initially, I wanted to make a shaped card and thoughtI'd do a circle and make colored dots on it. But it didn't quite work out the way I wanted. I ended up mounting the black circle card to the front of a rectangle.


Then, I used my Cricut to cut the dots using the Accent Essentials cartridge. I also added a few more dots with my hole punch too. The ribbon originally had an orange stripe in the middle. I cut a strip of black cardstock and glued it onto the ribbon to make it match. I attached everything to the card and then stamped a very simple sentiment. That's it.



Notice that this card was made only for the Off The Wall Craftiness challenge? I feel bad always doubling up cards I make for her challenges with other challenges. So I told myself this week her cards would be just for her challenge. : )

2 comments:

Kim Wilson said...

Simply beautiful Amber!!! I dont mind that you double duty on cards :) I know how it is with little ones and sometimes challenges fit well together! Thank you for the extra effort though! Too sweet! Good luck!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very nice!! Thanks for playing and good luck!!