Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Neighbor gifts...with recipes!

 I finally got around to baking a couple of our new neighbors some welcoming gifts.
Again.
We ate the first batch.
: )

They each got a Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Lemon Poppyseed loaf.

I wrapped each loaf in parchment paper and then wrapped with some patterned papers. The wrappers I made were about 4"x12" and ended up being perfect to go around the loaf. I just taped it on the bottom and then tied some twine to secure it. Oh, and made a little tag so they'd know what they were eating.

I was in such a hurry to finish these so they could be delivered while still fresh and while there was still daylight outside and before we could eat them again! Well, I put the wrappers on before I stamped them. Then I was too lazy to take them off. So... I stamped the sentiment onto the soft bread. Not my best idea! But it mostly worked : )
 Please forgive any smudges!
I stamped the word Welcome from the Ultimate Sentiments II set. It actually says Welcome Baby but I didn't ink up the Baby part.
Then I used Mix 'n Match Sentiments: Basics for the FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS part.

Whew! They also got a cute little card but I didn't get a photo of that.
Here are the recipes in case you're interested!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz sour cream
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips, give or take
Cream butter and sugar until blended. Mix in eggs. Add banana, vanilla, and sour cream and mix well. Combine oats, flour, soda, and powder and then slowly add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Lemon Poppyseed Bread
1 box of lemon cake mix (standard 18.25 oz size)
1 box instant lemon pudding (3.4 oz)
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Pour into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. Combine lemon juice and sugar. Brush all over warm loaf
ENJOY!
For more inspiration using SP stamps head over to the blog at http://sp.thescrapmaster.com/.
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Staci said...

I love the wrapping on these. Can I be your neighbor?

Sonya said...

Super cute projects...thanks for the yummy recipes!!!

Kim said...

What a Nice thing to do!! I don't have any neighbors but would love how your idea is so welcoming! I might just have to try that Lemon Poppyseed Bread!
~Kim

MommyManderz said...

i'll have to try your recipes! lets hope i don't mess them up too bad!

i should start another blog that goes something like "the adventures of amanda trying to bake" haha

your cupcakes in the next post look so beautiful! i'd like to have those skills one day!

MommyManderz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.