Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012


So it is mini cards week over at SP & Company. My favorite size of mini card to make is a 3"x3". For one, they are just so dang cute! And secondly, I can get 8 of them out of one 12x12 sheet of cardstock.
The easiest way to make these is to cut your 12x12 cardstock in half. Then cut each half into 4 3"x6" pieces. Score each piece and there are your card bases.

I decided to go really simple with these cards. I stamped the flower from the For Every Woman set and colored it in a few different colors. I always make sure to stamp in a permanent ink like StazOn so that the ink doesn't bleed with my markers. Then I fussy cut the flowers. You could use the coordinated svg file if you are not a fan of fussy cutting. I like fussy cutting. I find it a bit relaxing!

I just used foam tape to adhere the flower to the center of the card. Then stamped the Thank You sentiment from Ultimate Sentiments II . While I wanted these to be simple I still felt like they were missing something. So I inked the edges just to give it a little something extra.


After I had all the cards assembled and together I thought it was a bit too much yellow. So I cut some more bases in an aqua color and stamped the Hello sentiment on it.



Now each recipient will get half yellow and half aqua! Plus, they can use the cards for more than one occasion.



Thanks for stopping by today! Check out the SP blog for more stamping inspiration!

No comments: