Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

love is all you need


 The current challenge over at The Paper Girls challenge blog is to use rain, umbrellas, and/or flowers. So I made this card that I wanted to make look black and white with just a pop of color.
 First I stamped this great image from Unity Stamp Co.
I spritzed some mist (masking my stamped image first) to make my rain.
I colored the couple using only gray shades of alcohol markers.
Then I used bright colors for the umbrella.
 
A little coordinating twine and a simple sentiment from this set.

Thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
Linking up to:
Simon Says Stamp challenge blog - Anything Goes
Take it on Tuesday at Romance on a Dime
Link up Tuesday at Sara Haymer Designs
Time to Sparkle at Love Grows Wild
 
 
This card is for sale in my Etsy shop. :)


24 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous card! I love all the grey with the pop of colour! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Heather said...

A fabulous CAS card Amber, a great design and details - I love your stunning vibrant image!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Bella's mama said...

Love the card...the colors really do pop!

Ruby said...

Fabulous card.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

I.LOVE.THIS! it's perfect

Renee Aslette said...

This card is ADORABLE!! I love this stamp and what you have done with it. Need to get my hands on this stamp too!

Gaylynn said...

Makes me want to pick up that sweet stamp. I like the twine with it too. :)

Karen (karey2005) said...

Sweet - love the bright umbrella!

Kary said...

This is such a sweet card, Amber! Love the the bright umbrella and the emphasis on the word Love. Great job!

kdgowdy said...

Such a great card! TFS as well as how you created it! <3

Jo said...

This is a truly wonderful card! Love it!

Unknown said...

Just love your challenge card!

Angeline Choo said...

this is gorgeous!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Simply adorable! I have not seen this stamp used for quite some time.

Mary said...

Love Friends and Flair Friday and always enjoy seeing what everyone creates. Love this. I am such a big fan of the clean and simple style and this is fantastic.

Cynthia said...

Great CAS design, Amber. I like the "pop" of color as well!

Julie Odil said...

Amber, this is the best card EVER! I absolutely LOVE it! So adorable!

joetterer said...

Great spring card. Love the colored umbrella

Lezlye said...

adorable card!

JPScraps said...

awesome card! love how you did the pop of color

Angie said...

Oh goodness...adorable card! Love your pop of color and matching twine!

Miwa said...

This is adorable! Not only is this a fantastic card for your challenge, but it's just so... perfect! Your "rain" looks awesome!

Betsy Pool said...

So so cute!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

Gaylynn said...

Hi Amber. Love the umbrella! I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you the Liebster Award on my blog! Congrats! http://neatnook.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award-such-honor.html