Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Dragonfly birthday card

I have a friend who loves dragonflies so I ordered this cool Clearly Besotted dragonfly die just so I could make her a card! The die has 2 parts, a solid and an open intricate shape.

I cut the solid shape out of some paper I had put a watercolor wash on. The top layer was cut out of vellum. I layered the two pieces and connected them with 2 black brads.

The mat for the dragonfly was made using a piece of canvas, some stencils, and spray inks. Then I layered wax paper over it. Yep. Wax paper. From my kitchen. It was just more translucent than the vellum I had and I wanted to be able to see the stenciled work better.

My sentiment was stamped onto vellum and stapled on. And everything was layered with kraft woodgrain paper and aqua cardstock over a grey card base.


I'm linking up to:
 Simon Says Stamp's Things That Fly challenge
Virginia's View All Things Embossed Challenge
Jot Magazine March Mood Board

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Supplies:
Clearly Besotted Dragonfly die
Woodgrain embossing folder from Stampin' Up
Kaleidoscope and Moroccan Tiles, Ronda Palazzari stencils from The Crafter's Workshop

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hello Amber! your card is precious, I adore the layers and the design....just awesome! I am so thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Virginia L. said...

LOVE the dreamy feel of your design, Amber! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

Anna Allan said...

Oooh loving that wood grain and the cute dragonfly! Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at Jot :-)

Leanne said...

Just lovely! Thanks for playing along with Jot.

Kim Archer said...

I love the layering on your card! Thanks for being part of our March Mood Board challenge here at Jot Magazine!