Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Loving & Helpful Kid

For my SP & Company DT post this week I was trying to make a boy card. And I figured out the secret. It has to look messy! Let me show you what I mean:

Here's my original card using the new Mix n Match: Kids stamp set and 6x6 Paradise Beach papers from EP:


It looks nice. But then it hit me - it looks too nice. My boys seem to always want every toy out in the open and things just thrown everywhere. So I decided this card also needed to be messy. So I sprayed on a few mists in white, blue, and green and wrinkled up the paper while wet. I distressed the edges even more just using the edge of my scissors. And I added a bit of polka dots with the Large Polka Dot background stamp:

I also attached some coordinating twine behind the sentiment banner but instead of glue I used staples. It seemed like a more masculine thing to do! And my staples are even green and blue (I picked them up in the school supply section last year but you could color regular ones with a permanent marker or alcohol inks to match your project!)

Thanks for stopping by and head over to the SP blog for more stamping inspiration!


No comments: