Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #9

This is my second post of the day. For my SP DT post see here.
--------------------------------------------

It's time for Challenge #9 already over at The Paper Girls Challenge blog!

This one is hosted by Erica and she has issued us the challenge of using subway art!

Now, this is not anything I would have tried on my own, but I sure am glad I did.

Not sure what subway art is? Try these samples over on Pinterest.

I thought this would make a nice Father's Day gift. So I asked my boys (ages 8, 6, and 2) some words that describe their dad. Here's what we came up with!


 I created the actual word collage in Microsoft Publisher using a combo of WordArt and text boxes and then dropped in a couple photos. I printed on white cardstock, mounted on blue cardstock, black label, and placed on 12x12 white cardstock.

I then embellished with stars, brads, and banners.

 I placed it in a 12x12 shadow box.

Hopefully, this will help liven up his rather dreary office!


I hope you play along with us in this challenge! You can create a layout, card, or altered item.

As always, one winner will be chosen at random to win an assortment of crafty supplies!

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Very cool page! I love how it all turned out! Wish my colored printer worked. This is going to look great in a dreary office :)
~Kim
p.s. thanks for the inspiration! I enjoyed the challenge!
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com