Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Rainbows and Sunshine

It's coloring techniques week over at SP & Company stamps and today I'm going to show you one of my fave coloring techniques. It's so simple - just add the color directly to the stamp!

I used a sentiment from the Sympathy & Care set and simply colored it in with stamp markers.
Once the entire stamp is colored you'll need to huff the stamp (just breathe on it as if cleaning a DVD or your sunglasses) to re-wet it since most of the ink has probably dried by the time you're done and then stamp it.

For my card front I used paper from the EP Paradise Beach 6x6 pad. On top of that I added a smaller black cardstock panel, then 3 hand drawn and cut grey clouds, rhinestone rain, and yellow twine. Over the twine I added my sentiment banner with foam. And finally I added two more rhinestones to the banner.

Notice the silver lining on the clouds? I thought they was a nice touch with the sentiment. :)


I'm entering this into the Young Crafters Unite Challenge #11 which is to use many layers.

And into Stampin Sisters in Christ's challenge to use something new. My new item is the silver ink - I still had the plastic on it! I love this ink and wish I had used it sooner. And the patterned paper is newish too.

Thanks for stopping by today!!


Supplies:
SP&Company stamp - Sympathy & Care
EP Paradise Beach 6x6 paper
SU Basic Black cardstock
American Crafts stamp markers
I-rock gems
Twinery Twine
Glimmer Mist (on clouds) - Route 66, Black Magic, Charcoal (Chalkboard)
SU Encore Metallic ink pad

2 comments:

Marie said...

Great job on the rainbow sentiment =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

Helen said...

This is gorgeous! I love your "silver lining" in the clouds and those rhinestone raindrops was such a clever idea! And thanks for sharing that technique for making multicolors on stamped images! Thank you for playing in our challenge this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H