Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #12

Charity is the host of challenge #12 at The Paper Girls Challenge.
She challenged us to use a mesh bag (what you get when you buy a big bag of apples or onions) on our creation. 


Can you find the mesh on my card? Well, technically it's not on the card. BUT - I did use the mesh as a mask to create my pink background! I used repositionable spray adhesive to attach the mesh to my card front. Then I misted some pink spray and then removed the mesh leaving a white pattern.


This card is for my 5-year-old niece so I decided to use this cute little stamp from Crafter's Companion from their Swalk collection. I colored her in with watercolor pencils and I made a bouquet of 5 flowers popped up with foam. The stem is just a skewer painted green. I had actually wanted to add some stick pin banners but it didn't fit well so I decided to turn it into a bouqet instead.


I wish the lighting was better when I took these photos - the colors look so washed out online. Oh well!

Please stop by and play with us at The Paper Girls Challenge blog! We always have a fun crafty prize to give away!

I'm entering this into Crafter's Companion current challenge which is Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by today!


Supplies:
Crafter's Companion S.w.a.l.k Thank You stamp set
Stampin Up watercolor pencils
Sakura white Glaze pen
My Little Shoebox letter stickers
Stampin Up pastels

5 comments:

Khristen said...

Wow, girl, you are really busting out the Crafter's Companion stamps this month lol!!! Such a pretty card you have here :)

xoxo
Khristen

Miriam Prantner said...

This is adorable, and I LOVE that mesh/non-mesh background!

Cheryl said...

Ohhhh you had me looking. LOL Great idea - she didn't tell you HOW to use the mesh bag. That's thinking outside the box.

Thanks for playing along with us at the Crafter's Companion Challenge blog!!

Crafting with Amy said...

Pretty. I love the little flowers. You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow, that's a really hard challenge. I love how you used it (or didn't use it)--the masking looks super cool. The stamp is totally adorable! Great coloring. Every time I see watercolor pencils used, I always wonder what I'm doing wrong--the shading is so fabulous!