Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happiness Always

This is for my first challenge over at Color Throwdown! I have been following that blog for almost two months now and have finally just been able to finish a challenge for them.
 

This is for Color Throwdown #107 which is to use the following colors:



The green background cardstock is SU pear pizzazz, the pink patterned paper is from the SU Welcome Neighbor paper pad, the yellow is probably not So Saffron, but I'm not sure what it is and the light green and rose are some scrap paper. I ran the yellow through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots textured impressions folder I cut the light geen border using some craft scissors. The stamps are also SU and are from the Eastern Blooms and Whimsical Words sets.

I went over the branch with a green Glaze pen and stamped the sentiment with Cameo Coral ink from SU. The blooms are punched with one of SU's itty bitty punches and then I put a dot of Glaze pen in the centers. Then I just added two strips of pale pink ribbon on the left side.


I really am not drawn to these soft colors naturally but it seems as though I have been using them fairly frequently with these challenges and I think they are growing on me! I'm not sure I can part with this card; it is so pretty. Just know that if you get it you must be pretty special for me to have parted with it!!

No comments: