Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The paper pumpkin

* Update and Disclaimer - I just saw a very similar pumpkin like this on Oh My Crafts's blog today (October 12th). I swear I did not copy theirs. My post was first : )  It is so bizarre that we both used the same papers to make them! I really thought it was mine when I first saw it and then realized that theirs was better! Anyway, I really did create this all on my own! But here are their instructions if you'd like a little more guidance or just want to see how similar they are!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off The Wall Craftiness Challenge #28
The inspiration photo:

So instead of making another card I thought I'd try something different. I think these paper pumpkins are so cute so I just had to have one.

I started with 3 sheets of The Spider's Web collection from My Mind's Eye.



I cut them into 1-inch strips that were 12 inches long. I didn't need the entire sheets; there was some left over. I think I probably used about 18-20 strips. I cut out circles of paper and glued the strips to them with glue dots. In retrospect using brads might have been easier so that the strips could be spun around to make them evenly spaced. Then I cut a 6-inch strip of paper and rolled it to make the stem and glued it on too. Then I cut 12-inch lengths about 1/4" wide and wrapped them around a pencil to make the tendrils. Lastly, I cut out a leaf shape from a coordinating paper, drew on some veins, inked the edges and glued it on as well.

I love Autumn and everything that goes with it! I wonder how long this will last with two little boys wanting to play with it???





6 comments:

Keva said...

Oh gosh! How cute is that?! So pretty.

Tenia Nelson said...

Amber....this is AWESOMENESS PERFECTION!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!!

Karen B. said...

So cute, so creative. So refreshing to see a pumpkin done in these colors.

~Tammy~ said...

Amber this is nice and refreshing! Thanks for sharing this piece of art with us at OTWC challenge this week! Love it!!!! Very creative I love that you made a pumpkin with these colors!!! Thanks for playing and Good luck! :-)

Sue Lelli said...

OOOH! This is just so CUTE! Fun to see something other than a card, too!!!

Unknown said...

Super, super cute project. Love the patterned paper you chose for the pumpkin.