This is one of my favorite recipes. I take it alot to events and people always seem to love it. It's great for breakfast or brunch or even as a dessert. Since it's a Pampered Chef recipe it's also easy and quick.
Since I was in a hurry when I last made this to take to MOPS I didn't stop to take photos before or during. So all my pics are after we started eating. I apologize for the unprettiness of it!!
The recipe actually fills this trifle bowl up even more but since we started eating it it sank down.
This is what it looked like before I cleaned it up for the pic above! See how much higher it went??
From the top. I don't know why but this just makes me laugh.
1 frozen prepared pound cake (16 ounces)
2 1/2 cups cold milk
1/3 cup instant coffee granules
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 square (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate for baking
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes.
2. Whisk milk and coffee granules. Let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved.
3. Set aside 1 cup of the milk mixture. Add pudding mixes to remaining milk in large bowl. Whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in one container of whipped topping.
4. Place one third of cake cubes in trifle bowl. Pour one third of reserved milk evenly over cake cubes. Top with one third of pudding mix, pressing lightly. Grate 1/4 of chocolate over mix. Repeat layers 2 more times. Reserve the remaining chocolate for garnish.
5. Set aside one cup of remaining whipped topping. Spread the rest of the whipped topping smooth over the top of trifle. Pipe remaining cup of whipped topping ointo rosettes around edge. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or overnight.