Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

A birthday card

I had to use my Paper Lace cartridge again. I just love the images on it!


For the first time I used double-sided paper for my card base instead of solid cardstock. I really like the look it gives. Just add a piece of white paper inside to write your note on: 

I used the same side of the paper that's on the inside for the lace shadow on the front:

For the corners on the card front I just cut off pieces from another image of the cartridge
The image on the right was what was left after I peeled the image off.
On the left is the image I peeled off but with the corners already cut off.

I find one of the easiest ways to attach these lacey images is to spray them with a spray adhesive. Using a tape runner or glue stick would just be too messy. If you have a large enough Xyron sticker maker that would work too. But I just have the 1.5" X, so I use spray adhesive. Hold your image in a cardboard box to catch the residual spray.

OR... another easier way would be to use vinyl! It's already sticky so you don't need to add adhesive.

Supply List:
Paper Lace Cricut cartridge
SEI paper
spray adhesive

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Just a beautiful card! Thanks for the tips on how to transfer these....Spray adhesive sounds like a good idea.

Heather (goldiecar) said...

Beautiful!! What is your favorite spray adhesive?