Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Thinking of you

It's time for my weekly SP and Company DT post and I have finally started making some fall-themed cards! I know most of you are probably working on Christmas and Valentine's cards! But I just can't go that far ahead!!
 
I love woodgrain papers but I run out so quickly. So what's a girl to do? Make her own of course!

I took the Wooden It Be Nice background set and heat-embossed it in dark brown onto white cardstock (which I always have). Then I sponged on a medium brown ink over the entire card to complete the look.
I added some wide pale blue ribbon and Twinery Twine in Mandarin. To attach the twine I poked 5 holes at the top of the card, threaded the twine on a needle, and ran it through and around.

I punched a few leaves from yet more of my scrap papers (the same ones as my last card!). Finally, I added a sentiment from Bold Sentiments I and popped the doily with foam.

Now I have a seasonally appropriate card to use for multiple occasions! Thanks for stopping by today! Remember - you still have a few more days to apply to be on the SP and Company Design team! See details here.
 
 
Supplies:
SP&Co stamps - Wooden It Be Nice and Bold Sentiments I
Zing embossingp owder in Chestnut
Versamark embossing ink
Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs
Offray ribbon
Twinery twine in Mandarin
Wilton doily
SU Early Espresso ink
Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer (on outer part of doily)


P.S. - You still have a few more days to apply to be on the SP and Company Design Team and work with great stamps! More info here : http://www.thescrapmaster.com/2012/09/design-team-call-sp-company-stamps.html. The call ends September 30th.


1 comment:

Christina & Rebecca said...

I love the cards and this blog..So precious.. new fan!!
mommysmingle.blogspot.com