Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Courage to fly


It's week 3 of my month-long guest designer gig at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge.


This week's theme is Birds of a Feather.
You probably don't know this about me, but I am petrified of birds! 
Seriously.
So I was a little scared when I saw this challenge. 
Not gonna lie. Lol. 
But I have a feather stencil I like so I decided to use that on a page in my art journal.


I started my background with a text stamp, book pages and washi. I added distress ink in Fossilized Amber, Vintage Photo, and Peacock Feathers.

I used black paint to color my embossing paste and used it with TCW's Feather stencil and Tim Holtz's Chevron stencil. Then I used Concord & 9th's Perfectly Penned stamp set to create the sentiment.

 

As usual, Simon Says Stamp has $50 up for grabs to spend in their store. They'll pick a winner from all the entries in the challenge this week. Come on by and link up to the challenge!


15 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous art journalling Amber!! I didn't realise you have a bird phobia! I hope this didn't cause you too much anguish, we could have changed the theme!!
I love how you overcame your fears and went for it! ;-) the background is gorgeous, I love the amber and peacock shades together, so beautiful and the sentiment is brilliant :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Macarena said...

The blended background is beautiful and introduces such a peace to your page. I love the dark feather and the sentiment is so wise. Hugs, Macarena

Catherine said...

Beautiful journal page, Amber, and I love the sentiment! Your colors are gorgeous and the design is awesome. I love it!

Cathie ♥

Beulah Bee said...

Were you, perhaps like my sister, traumatised by Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds?" It bothered me some but my sister, well... (perhaps she was too young to be watching it). Really, some birds are okay aren't they? I've never known a Ornithophobic before but we all have our fears. Mine is of commenting too much on people's blogs, ha!

I like your journal page and creative use of the lettering stamps.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful journal page! The black embossed feather looks beautiful against the colourful background ๐Ÿ˜. Happy Friday and weekend! J ๐Ÿ˜Š

Maura said...

Amber, I love your saying! The graphic feather is awesome and eye catching on your wonderful page! hugs, Maura

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous journal page, Amber. The texture and the sentiment you created are so beautiful. :)

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Amber, this is really an awesome page! Love the depth you created with this mix of colors! The feather is awesome aswell!!
xx Zoey

Emma Williams said...

This is such a gorgeous journal page, Amber with fabulous texture on the feather and a beautiful colour palette...it's perfect for the theme! :)

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful page! I love the colours and the sentiment is really great.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I love both the sentiment and the look of this page. The colors are so elegant and I love the font, too. Gorgeous in every way and utterly inspiring!

Barbara said...

Beautiful pages Amber! love your design and your use of colors! barbara

Kath Stewart said...

this is such a strikng page Amber, love the beautiful background and wow that script stamp is going on my wish list...hugs kath xxx

Sandra said...

Such a gorgeous page, Amber! Love the colors and the feather with the sentiment are perfect! Hugs, Sandra

Laura said...

Amber, your art journal page is wonderful! Love the layout and the colors and the beautiful font in your sentiment! Do I understand correctly that you created the words from an alphabet! It looks so perfect! Thanks for sharing your creativity! I'm inspired to get out my art journal! Hugs, Laura