Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Winter Wishes ATC

Here's my SP & Company weekly Design Team post. I forgot to schedule this for the right time. So I'm sorry if you stopped by earlier and missed it.

--------------------------------------
I love participating in ATC swaps. It is so much fun to receive all those little pieces of art from so many talented artists. A group I'm in does a quarterly exchange. This last one was a winter themed swap.
Here's the card I came up with:

I created the background by embossing white cardstock with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, stamping two images - a flourish in black and branch in gray, both from Unity's Imagine It set. Then inked the edges in Black Soot, and randomly ran the entire pad of Weathered Wood over the entire card. I stamped snowflakes from the Falling Snow stamp set to add a little blue to the card. I've used this set so much! It's an oldie but a goody!

I loved the background so much I didn't want to cover it so I stamped the sentiment from the same set onto vellum so you could still see it. I finished it off by adding two snowflakes I cut using SCAL and sprayed with Glimmer Mist and then added some I-rock bling.

All 21 cards:

 I can't wait to see what I get back! Now to start my Spring cards...

I'm entering this into Scrapbook Place Challenges current ATC challenge.


Thanks for stopping by today. For more inspiration using SP stamps stop by the blog for some great ideas.

1 comment:

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty card-love the blues that you used and the layers!! Thanks for joining us on SBP!
Carolyn