Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Heartfelt thanks

I never use purple. It's just not my color. But they are the colors over at The Playdate Cafe so I thought I'd take a stab at it.
BTW, I'll totally believe people now when they say purple doesn't photograph well. They look so harsh in these photos. Sorry.
 
These are the inspiration colors:

I'm also playing along with Thanks themes at Stampin Sisters in Christ and The Paper Girls Challenge blog.
 
I used the Unity stamp set Dutch Mustard Soup
 
And as a play on the sentiment I cut out a felt heart. Get it??
:)

A couple strips of washi, a stitched on felt heart, and a nice little sentiment.
Simple.
And I like it.
Still not my fave colors.
:)
 
If you've got some time time you should check out Unity's Friends with Flair blog hop. Comment. Win stuff. Easy peasy.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!!


15 comments:

Ruby said...

Nice CAS card.

Julie Odil said...

Heartfelt -- felt heart. Ha ha. I like the results, even if I'm not a purple person, either!

Chris Dring said...

What a great CAS card!

Carol L said...

I get it! Great thinking, and a pretty card too!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great CAS card! Like that you used felt to add texture to the card!

Emily Keaton said...

Aw, so sweet ! I love your felt heart. :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very playful! Love the felt and washi combo!

LauraJane:) said...

Warm card:)

Michelle said...

Neat colors! I like your heart!

Lucy E. said...

I do like purple! Great CAS card.

Lindsey said...

So of course you choose a super-purple week to play! :P Great card, love the colour use.

JPScraps said...

Great cas card! I like purple :-)

Alicia said...

Love the how you sewed the heart onto the card. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

anya said...

Yep, purple is a tough one for me, too. Love what you did with the colors, though, the stitched heart is so sweet! Glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ha ha! I don't usually use purple either. Your card is fantastic, though--love the stitched felt and the washi mix. That's a great sentiment, too. *hugs*